I can not take credit for finding the fantastic recipe! My friends at Simply Fit shared this on their Instagram.
- 40 oz. of Greek Yogurt (I highly suggest buying the flavored version.)
- 1 bag of Nestle Chocolate Chips
- Strawberries (or raspberries)
- Honey (Optional)
***I’ll start by saying I did not want to make this really large (in case it didn’t go over well), and I had limited space in my freezer.
1. I used a small, round baking pan. (I’ve noticed a lot of yogurt bark made on rectangular baking pans as well.) Line with parchment paper.
2. Scoop and spread your yogurt out – keep it fairly thick (1/2″ to an 1″).
3. Drop on your toppings! I overdid it with the chocolate chips (Is that possible?), and I probably could have cut the strawberries a bit smaller during the prep.
4. Drizzle with honey – optional. (Buying local honey is best!)
5. Leave in the freezer for 4+ hours.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut into pieces.
The version I made did not go over well with the kids, even with the honey, because the Greek yogurt I purchased was plain. I’m going to make it again with the vanilla flavored version of the yogurt.
(Photo above: It was too plain for the kids.)
What a great healthy snack option!
I did some research and noticed that a lot of parents used this for a teething baby! Or this would be a great summer snack!
I’ll update as soon as we try the recipe again.