For dinner, I found several variations of taco salad recipes. Then, I used the ingredients that I had in the house for this version of taco salad.
As always, this was easy, and it would be a great dish for a BBQ.
The best part – the family loved it.
- Hamburger (1 lb.)
- Taco Seasoning (1 packet)
- Tomatoes (Small container to use roughly 1/2 pound)
- Green Pepper (1/2 – you could use more but I knew the kids may not like them)
- Rotini Noodles (1 pound box)
- Salad dressing (Between 1/4 and 1/2 of a bottle)
- Doritos (Nacho Cheese – 1/4 to 1/2 bag)
- Brown the hamburger and drain. Add the taco seasoning per the directions on the packet.
- Boil the water for your noodles (while browning the meat, if possible). Then, add the noodles until done and drain.
- Dice the green pepper and cut the tomatoes into quarters. (I only used half of the green pepper because of the kids. Also, feel free to add fewer tomatoes, too.)
- Start mixing everything together while waiting for the noodles – including the crumbled Doritos. I used about a quarter of the bag. I saved some so the family could add their own, and it wouldn’t be soggy (and add some crunch).
- After draining the noodles, put them into a large bowl and mix everything together. Now, add the dressing. I had Classic Catalina (about a quarter of this family size bottle) and mix well.
- Enjoy! The family loved it! I didn’t have shredded cheese or lettuce, and I would have added both if they were on hand. I would consider onions if the kids weren’t eating it, too.