It wasn’t a visit with great-aunt Gertie unless she had these caramel treats!
- Caramels (12 oz. bag)
- Large marshmallows (12 oz. bag)
- Condensed milk (14 oz.)
- Rice Krispies Cereal (7 cups)
- Butter (2 Tbsp)
- (Have some toothpicks, a cookie sheet & parchment paper, too.)
- Unwrap the caramels and put them in a medium saucepan.
- Add the full can of condensed milk and 2 tbsp of butter to the medium saucepan as well.
- In a side bowl, have your 7 cups of Rice Krispies cereal ready for dipping! And have a cookie pan lined with parchment paper ready to go, too.
- Over medium heat, let the ingredients in the medium saucepan melt. (Don’t leave the stove, because it will burn quickly.) Keep stirring until smooth and blended.
- Use a toothpick to dip a marshmallow into the medium saucepan (turn down the heat to low), and roll your dipped marshmallow into the Rice Krispies bowl.
- Place on the cookie sheet with parchment paper. I placed ours in the fridge to cook for 30 minutes.