It isn’t very often that Ryan asks if he can eat the rest of the meal. (I’m not sure what that says about my cooking? Ha!)
This recipe was SO easy, and Ryan asked for the family to leave the rest for him.
First, get that oven preheated to 375’ F.
You need 4 ingredients (possibly 5)!
- Chicken (cook this ahead of time & shred)
- Rice-a-Roni – Chicken Flavor (6 oz.)
- Cream of mushroom soup (10 oz.)
- Sour Cream (8 oz.)
- French Fried Onions (6 oz. – I bought French’s – and these are really optional)
1. Make sure your oven is preheating.
2. Make sure you cooked your chicken ahead of time.
3. Cook the rice according to the box. (If you are anything like me – STAY by the rice. It’s too easy to get distracted and ruin it! The rest of this is very easy.)
4. In a 9” x 13” pan pour in the can of mushroom soup and the sour cream and mix (our dish is glass so no cooking spray was necessary).
5. Add the shredded chicken, along with the cooked rice and mix again.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Then, if you’d like to add the fried onions add them as a topping and bake for another 5 minutes.
My photo is very realistic because I knew the kids may not like the topping, so I only added them to half.
This was a great comfort meal and big hit with all of the family.
I’m thinking about adding broccoli, bacon and/or mushrooms next time.
From blog reader, Jen, “I have made a slight variation of this. I use cream of chicken soup instead of mushrooms since the kids don’t like them. Also, if you are a fan of cheese, you can either do the cheddar cheese French onions and/or sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese in your dish just prior to serving. Yum!”
Thank you for adding some ideas, Jen!
As always, thank you so much for following.
Please subscribe by entering your email below to receive post updates and more.
4 Replies to “Chicken & Rice (with a Twist)”
This looks good! I need to make this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know what you think!
I have made a slight variation of this. I use cream of chicken soup instead of mushrooms since the kids don’t like them. Also, if you are a fan of cheese, you can either do the cheddar cheese French onions and/or sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese in your dish just prior to serving. Yum!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great ideas! I’ll add this to the post with your name and ideas! Thank you!