This is definitely a rich version of banana bread, and you know it was good because two loaves didn’t last very long. In fact, I never even took a picture.
These are a few slight changes to the many banana bread recipes I found online and what we had here at home.
First, preheat the oven to 350 F.
Also, get your loaf pan ready. This recipe made two loaves. I used butter to grease the pan.
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter (softened)
- 5 eggs
- 2 c. flour (I had whole wheat)
- 6 T. milk (buttermilk is an option)
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1.5 c. of bananas (4 – 5 small, ripe bananas)
- 1 T. vanilla extract
1. Make sure you’re preheating the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix everything in a large mixing bowl. Let the ingredients sit for an hour at room temperature.
3. Pour mixture into your loaf pan (or pans) and bake for 50 minutes to an hour – use middle rack.
*If you don’t want to make two loaves, you could use the extra to make muffins or cut the recipe in half to make one loaf.
Please keep in mind that I may receive very small commissions when you click on my links and make purchases within 24 hours; however, this does not impact my reviews & comparisons. I share links as an Amazon Affiliate, but these are real purchases. The small commissions received help to pay for this website.