We are still in the midst of a quarantine, so coming up with recipes (and desserts) can feel like a full-time job – especially when store trips and items are limited.
This one was easy! (You knew I’d say that.)
– 1 c. peanut butter
– 1/2 c. honey
– 2 c. old fashioned oats
– 1 c. Rice Krispies cereal (optional)
1. Coat your pan (8” or 9” square) with butter, so the bars don’t stick. (Cooking spray would work, too. Double the recipe if you want to make this in a larger pan.)
2. Place your peanut butter and honey into a microwave safe bowl and heat until it is warm. (I tried out 20 seconds. It’s possible to do this on the stove as well.)
3. Once the peanut butter and honey are warm enough, slowly stir in the oats and Rice Krispies cereal.
4. Press the mixture into the pan.
5. Refrigerate until they set.
These were very good! We will make them again.
I do think our pb & honey mixture could have been a little bit warmer. Also, I’d like to try it without the Rice Krispies.