We have been blessed with another year of fantastic rhubarb.
Last year, I made rhubarb cake (twice), gave some of the rhubarb to my grandma and saved the rest.
You can find last year’s rhubarb cake recipe here:
You can find this year’s rhubarb pie recipe here:
This rhubarb muffin recipe made a dozen large muffins, and they were fantastic.
Ingredients for Muffins:
– 2 c. of rhubarb (chopped into 3/4 inch of smaller pieces)
– 2.5 c. all purpose flour
– 3 t. baking powder
– 3/4 t. salt
– 1 c. sugar
– 1/2 t. cinnamon
– 1 c. milk
– 1/2 c. vegetable oil
– 2 eggs
Ingredients for Crumble Topping:
– 12 T. unsalted butter
– 1/3 c. of brown sugar
– 1/3 c. of white sugar
– 1.5 c. of all-purpose flour
Directions for Muffins:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grab your 12 muffin pan and liners.
(My favorite muffin liners: https://royalechristine.com/2018/12/15/reusable-baking-cups/)
3. Add all of the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl: 2.5 c. flour, 3 t. baking powder, 3/4 t. salt, 1 c. sugar and 1/2 t. cinnamon. Whisk together to combine. Add the rhubarb and mix until coated well.
4. Add all of the wet ingredients into a separate mixing bowl: 1 c. milk, 1/2 c. vegetable, and the 2 eggs. Whisk until all the wet ingredients are combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Place the muffin batter evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups and top each with the crumble topping. (Directions below.)
7. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Directions for Crumble Topping:
1. Cut the 12 T. of unsalted butter into smaller pieces (or grate).
2. Add 1/3 c. of brown sugar and 1/3 c. of white sugar into the butter.
3. Add 1.5 c. of flour and mix until you create a crumbly mixture. You may use a pastry cutter, or you may mix by hand.
Here’s a pastry cutter with great reviews:
Here’s the finished product. They were fantastic! Enjoy.
(You could definitely make these a little bit smaller and make more muffins.)
Please keep in mind that I may receive very small commissions when you click on my links and make purchases within 24 hours; however, this does not impact my reviews & comparisons. I share links as an Amazon Affiliate, but these are real purchases. The small commissions received help to pay for this website.
3 Replies to “Rhubarb Muffins with Crumble Topping”