As the quarantine continues (and baby #4 gets closer to making an appearance), my motivation (and energy) to cook, bake or even hunt for recipes dwindles.
Fortunately, I was chatting with my mom prior to making dinner, and she mentioned that she had the easiest recipe for dinner (budget friendly, too!) Luckily, I had all of the ingredients here, too!
– 4 – 6 medium potatoes
– 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup (10.5 oz.)
– 1 can of milk (10.5 oz)
– 1 pound of hamburger
– Corn (optional)
– Onions (optional)
– Shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease your pan. (I used butter to grease my 9” by 13” from Pyrex.)*
*This one is similar to my favorite Pyrex bakeware:
3. Skin 4 – 6 medium potatoes.
4. Then, slice the potatoes to cover the bottom of your pan. This is the first layer.
5. Begin to brown the hamburger. I added a few garlic cloves as well. (Garlic is awesome for your health! Even better if you mince your garlic fresh!)
6. Now, in a separate bowl, mix the 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, along with the milk (1 can).
7. When the hamburger is finished, drain and then, add another layer on top of the sliced potatoes.
8. Next, add the layer of your soup and milk mixture.
9. Optional! Add a layer of corn, onions and/or shredded cheese. (When I make this again, I’ll add the corn to the soup and milk mixture.)
I didn’t add onions. I may try caramelizing onions prior to mixing it in with the hamburger in the future; however, kids can be picky, so I try to keep things plain and simple (so they’ll eat it).
10. Finally, it’s time to put it in the oven.
Cover it with tinfoil and bake at 350 F for an hour.
Remove tinfoil and bake at 350 F for an additional 20 – 30 minutes (until potatoes are soft).
Voila! Enjoy! Cheeseburger Casserole!
Please keep in mind that I may receive very small commissions when you click on my links and make purchases within 24 hours; however, this does not impact my reviews & comparisons. I share links as an Amazon Affiliate, but these are real purchases. The small commissions received help to pay for this website.