Ready? This is the BEST rhubarb dessert we’ve made so far, and it was easy!
If you’ve been following along, we have tried the following rhubarb recipes:
– Rhubarb Cake: https://royalechristine.com/2019/07/19/rhubarb-cake/
– Rhubarb Pie with Crumble Topping: https://royalechristine.com/2020/05/15/rhubarb-pie-with-crumble-topping/
– Rhubarb Muffins with Crumble Topping: https://royalechristine.com/2020/05/16/rhubarb-muffins-with-crumble-topping/
Fortunately, our new place has an abundance of fantastic rhubarb.
Sincerely, today’s recipe was/is my favorite rhubarb dessert so far (except for my grandma’s).
For the Crust:
– 1 T. of sugar
– 1 C. of all- purpose flour
– 1 t. of baking powder
– 2 T. of butter
– 1 egg
– 1 T. of milk
For the Filling:
– 3 c. of rhubarb (chopped)
– 1 box of strawberry Jello (small box)
For the Topping:
– 1 c. of sugar
– 1/2 c. of butter
– 1/2 c. of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease an 8” by 8” baking pan.
3. Next, mix all of the ingredients for the crust (see crust ingredients above) into a mixing bowl. Then, press the crust into the bottom of the pan. (Note: We had to add a little extra milk and flour until it felt like a good crust mixture.)
4. Place the rhubarb on the crust (see filling ingredients) and sprinkle the box of Jello.
5. Finally, it’s time to make your topping. Mix the topping ingredients (see topping ingredients above) and crumble over the top of your rhubarb and Jello.
6. Bake your dessert at 350 F for 45 minutes.
This was a huge hit! The best rhubarb recipe we have made so far.
Update: Since this was our favorite recipe, we had to try to make it again, but we doubled it. Fantastic again! You do have to get the crust and topping just right, but we just added a little bit of the ingredients until the crust and topping were just right.
Here are photos of our second attempt at the recipe:
Topping and finished product:
One Reply to “Rhubarb & Strawberry Jello Dessert”