No one will argue – local strawberries are simply the best!
This recipe is our favorite way to make strawberry shortcake (easy) with local strawberries – especially if we spent the time picking them, too (which we didn’t do this year; we grabbed them from the local stand.)
– 4 c. strawberries (local, if possible)
– 1/2 c. sugar
– 2.5 c. Bisquick mix.
– 2/3 c. of milk
– Cool Whip (optional but best!)
(Yes, we love our shortcake with Bisquick biscuits! I’d share some Amazon links for you to purchase, but the price is much more reasonable at the store.)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Start with getting the strawberries ready for the strawberry topping. In a mixing bowl, cut 4 c. into smaller pieces and mix with 1/2 c. of sugar. Place in the fridge while you make your bisquits.
3. Now, make your “shortcake” using Bisquik. Simply follow the directions from the Bisquik box. Hopefully, the oven is now ready at 450 F. All you need is 2.5 c. of the Bisquick mix and 2/3 c. of milk.
*Dough Tip: If your dough ever feels too sticky, add a small amount of the Bisquik mix (or flour) until the stickiness is gone.
4. After you place the biscuits on your cookie sheet (or I used my glass pan), they will be finished in 8 – 10 minutes, so grab the strawberry topping from the fridge.
Normally, I would simply mash the strawberry mixture, but I grabbed the Vitamix and quickly blended the strawberries and sugar. (I like it better mashed, but I had an audience waiting – faster was convenient.)
5. Grab the bisquits from the oven and cover with your strawberry topping and some Cool Whip.
Yum! It tastes like summer!
These may not be from scratch, but the family loves this version.
Please keep in mind that I may receive very small commissions when you click on my links and make purchases within 24 hours; however, this does not impact my reviews & comparisons. I share links as an Amazon Affiliate, but these are real purchases. The small commissions received help to pay for this website.