It’s been a few days since I made any dessert. It was time for this new one – Dreamy Orange Dessert!
If you follow me on my Facebook page, I told you that I ordered groceries in the middle of the night.
Here’s the best news – I guess I ordered some items that fall under a “healthier” dessert option – presenting Dreamy Orange Dessert.
I will start by saying I am always very transparent, so I’m about to tell you the ingredients I used and what I’d do differently.
- Orange JELLO (1 box)
- Vanilla JELLO (1 box)
- Mandarin oranges (1 can – 11 oz. or more)
- Mini-marshmallows (1 cup)
- Cool Whip (8 oz.)
- Water (1.5 cups total – 1 c. boiling & 1/2 c. cold)
1. Boil 1 cup of water.
2. Add in the orange JELLO to the boiling water by whisking until mixed well.
3. Add 1/2 cup of cold water and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Take out of the fridge and slowly add the vanilla JELLO (whisking).
5. Chill in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes (or until the mixture becomes thicker).
6. Fold in your 8 oz. of cool whip, mandarin oranges and marshmallows.
⚠️ Warning: This recipe was not popular with everyone. I would make the following adjustments – eliminate the marshmallows and possibly add more mandarins. However, after allowing this to chill in the fridge overnight, it was much better.
The result looked beautiful, and I had a beautiful helper!
Unfortunately, two people didn’t like it. They didn’t like the marshmallows. (Again, I bet it needed more time in the fridge!)
I probably would have liked it without the marshmallows and refrigerated a bit longer, too. (Yes, the next days – it was WAY better!)
Blakely even asked, “Can you make cupcakes with pretty little sprinkles or banana bread instead?” 🤣
(Banana bread recipe here: https://royalechristine.com/2020/03/31/best-banana-bread/)
As always, I try to share some things I love that make life (well, cooking and baking) easier. I can’t find my exact stainless steel mixing bowl, but I found three (with lids!) that have great reviews.
You can find them here:
Please keep in mind that I may receive very small commissions when you click on my links and make purchases within 24 hours; however, this does not impact my reviews & comparisons. I share links as an Amazon Affiliate, but these are real purchases. The small commissions received help to pay for this website.